Skip to main content

Reply to "talking to players on other teams"

Hey man no offense but you are putting way too much thought into this.  You keep doing what you do and don't worry about what other people have to say unless it's your HC, AD, principal or an umpire.  You said this guy is sensitive and that's probably all that it is - he got mad that your team handed them another loss and he's pouting.  You said a couple of times the new HC was upset over what you were doing but unless you know that for a fact you need to stop saying anything about it.  You're projecting a negative attitude on him that you have no idea is true or not.  Yet you're on here (for a lack of a better word) defending yourself and your actions because you don't want anyone to think you're negative.  Unless you know for a fact the other HC feels that way don't project negativity on him.  You don't like it or feel you deserve it and he deserves the same respect until proven otherwise.

I'm the same way in I'll talk to anybody anywhere at any time.  I'm a talker and I'll recognize the other team when they make good plays but nobody but me and that kid will know it.  Last night my softball team got beat out in first round of playoffs.  The other team shortstop made two great plays in one inning.  After the inning was over I had to cross the field to get to the dugout and she had to cross to get to her dugout.  I timed it so we would go right beside each other and with my head down I said nice plays short and she said thanks without anyone knowing.  I don't do it that way because I'm afraid of what people may say or think but I don't want to draw attention to myself.  Tht kid - no matter which team it is - just did something great and I don't want to do anything that will take attention away from them even if it's positive.  They did the work, not me.  My assistant AD has always said (in football where we coached together) that by the end of the game the ref on our side and the white hat (main official that stands behind the offense) either love me or hate me based on my talking.  I'm hilarious (if they call a penalty against our team I'll yell out at the white hat that he's a good kid who goes to FCA and didn't mean to do it - which they usually laugh at) unless they have no sense of humor and those are the ones who hate me because they hate humor.

Don't worry about any of this.