Skip to main content

Reply to "Targeting the right level for college baseball recruitment."

There are some great recommendations above.  If I may add my 2 cents.  I had son make 2 lists, one for schools that he has interest in playing baseball, and the other list for academics and what field of work he MAY be interested in, excluding playing baseball.  He compared the 2 lists and the overlap schools were put at the top half of the list.  He then added the schools that still interested him.  He kept a notebook for any contacts with the schools, a summary of topics, names, dates, etc.  Kids these days rarely answer the phone when it rings, preferring to listen to the message or text.   Before calling whoever back he would read the summary to get familiarized with prior conversations.  Truthfully, I don't know how much this actually helped but on a few occasions the asst. coaches made a comment he was impressed son remembered.  Something like this may subconsciously sway a decision to the positive, or at least it can't hurt.  Regarding the OP, you probably don't know what level until you start to see offers.  There are always exceptions but if majority of offers are D2, that's probably where he fits.  Good luck!