Skip to main content

Reply to "TC Yankees/Frozen Ropes"

The Yankee players had been displaying poor sportsmanship the entire game. One of their players, #13, took 3 or 4 steps towards the mound after being hit by a pitch, lot's of jawwing coming from their dugout throughout the game. The umpires did a poor job of maintaining control and let emotions get out of hand. In the last inning, with the Yankees up by 5 runs, the player hit a ground ball in the hole -- the Frozen Ropes SS made a great play but missed him by a step at first. The runner actually jabbed his left foot towards the inside of the base and hit the first baseman just above achilles. The Frozen Ropes first baseman was in agony and there was plenty of screaming back and forth between dugouts after the umpire threw the kid out. I heard the Frozen Ropes coach asked the Yankees coach to control his players and the Yankees coach who was also the kid in questions father, replied with "look at the scoreboard". Several parents in the stands were very close to blows and 4 Mckinney police showed up. I was in the stands waiting on the next game and got to hear comments from both sides. Best I can tell, the Frozen Ropes parents and coach were only standing up for their kids but the Yankees crew took things over the top. AABC should take action against the Yankees coach and player.