Skip to main content

Reply to "Team Chemistry"

2019Lefty21 posted:

TPM...I know you don’t care much for Gary Gilmore and Coastal Carolina, but go back and look at Coastal’s run to the 2016 title...all you will hear is those players talking about getting there for coach Gilmore! How he got a group of 25 18-21 in that zone I don’t know for sure, but that team had way good team chemistry! They pulled as one, had one goal that was as big as it gets, and they got there together. I think every team as each new class comes in has new chemistry and it’s the coach’s job to find out how to promote that chemistry every year. Just my two cents

Here is my point, what made the players " get there"? Did they just sit around and talk about it or what did Coach Gilmore do to promote that  bond, chemistry and pull together as one.

I was just wondering if anyone took notice or was curious as to how coaches recruiting their sons continue to have a winning program which  doesnt necessary mean you go to Omaha every year. 

One successful  coach who spoke at the ABCA convention in Nashville went over it step by step.  So it just doesn't happen. Coaches have plans and of course it's a given they use their veteran players but is that it? Is 6am team lifts it, is going bowling  together on Saturday nights it?  Is making fun of coaches it?  IMO there are so many things coaches have to do and it's not always when you win. What does your sons coach do when the team goes on a losing streak?

I was just wondering  if these things as a recruit ,  might be important in the recruiting process.  

BTW, on recruiting trips, players are often coached on what to say  to certain recruits and also to tell their coaches why or why not that guy should or shouldnt be given an opportunity.  So take that stuff with a grain of salt.  

Last edited by TPM