Skip to main content

Reply to "Team Ont, OBJ...etc"

quote:
a provincial team

The Team Ontario you tried out for is not a provincial taem It is an incorporated Elite team called Team Ontario Inc. The provincial team is called the Ontario Youth Team and has been since the TO broke from OBA about 5 years ago over some issues that could not be resolved. It has done very poorly for the last few years becaise the Youth team has opened up to Elite team players.

Having said that if your goal is to play on the Canadian National team you should be on the TO INC or OBJ. Some connedtions die hard. The OBJ is a legite Elite team and probably the best Elite team in Canada.
My son who is now 21 made the real Team Ontario at 15 but decided to play for another elite team. The costs were a quarter that of Team O. Recently team O has had some internal problems as well as losing a lot of players. Several key players and coaches left to play for the Intercounty Terriers . This team competes very well with OBJ and other elite teams. As Doc say go to the PBLO site and it lists the elite teams. Several have 16U teams and you can reach them on their websites which are posted there.
There are several great teams but they start at around $4000 per full year.
Cdnmom is right do not let being cut bother you but have your son work hard and get great instruction. Some of these teams charge big fees and don't have the coaches that match the fees. I can advise you if you like. One of my friends just signed to coach 16U team with a great program. Ask what you will get for the money.
Many people still think T O is the team but it is not. It is connected to some great schools and the JNT. T O Inc does have great coaching and I am sure they will get better. You have to watch the politics and the alignment of teams with certain coaches to appreciate what is going on here.

Team Toronto is a far better team than T O Inc.
Last edited by BobbleheadDoll