Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

PGStaff posted:

I can assure everyone that this is not a publicity stunt.  There are former MLB players that think he has a good chance of making it to the Big Leagues.  We have been contacted and are planning to see what he has.

As difficult as it may seem, almost impossible, Tebow is a very rare athlete and person.  What a great story if this really happens.  It would be outstanding for the game of baseball in so many ways.

I'm not anti-Tebow and, apparently, there are a lot of folks who know a whole lot more than I do that think he has a good chance.  I acknowledge that he is a very rare athlete.  

Here's my glaring doubt though - OF's have to hit (and they have to do it consistently against the best pitchers in the world).  He has never hit against high level pitching.  He will need a whole lot of AB's against progressively better pitching to catch up from where he left off (HS junior).  So, IMO, even taking "ultra-athletic" and "extremely gifted" into account, he will need time.  He's 28.  By the time that happens, he will be 30+ and beginning the phase of physical decline.   Just not enough time.

It would be fun to be proven wrong.

Last edited by cabbagedad