Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

I don't have a single dollar invested in the Mets or Tebow.    So, I really don't care what they do.   It's HIS life and THEIR team.  The sanctimoniousness of many who think they are baseball people is sad.  It's baseball not church.

Most of this schadenfreude seems to come not from real baseball people, but the hangers-on.   The internet "experts."  The talking heads who never played.  The players who want to place the excuse for their not being in baseball anymore on somebody "doin' me wrong."

He's a good guy who likes to play sports.  He's popular and a goody two-shoes.  I guess that's why people despise him.   He's financially set and can do what he wants.  I suspect that's another reason why people don't like him.     Another ridiculous thing is this unfalsifiable claim that has been hung on him.  Even if the guy makes it to the bigs, it still won't be proof enough for some people.  Just proof that his agent got him there or the team wanted to draw fans or sell jerseys.   That's sad!