Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

roothog66 posted:

Tebow always reminded me of Doug Flutie. All you kept hearing was how Flutie couldn't possibly make it as an NFL qb. All he did was win everywhere he went. I got to see Tebow here in Denver and all he did was get the "W." It often wasn't pretty, but it worked. If Manning hadn't been available who knows how long he might have remained starting QB here. The biggest problem with Tebow was that in order to take advantage of his skillset, you really had to build an offense around him and hope he didn't get hurt.

Tebow didn't just win in Denver. He played when they hit a weak part of their schedule. Then the Patriots came to town. The Patriots (ranked 31st in defense) made half time adjustments deciding to keep Tebow in the pocket and force him to be an NFL QB. They buried the Broncos in the. Second half. Then two teams with losing records did the same and beat the Broncos. 

In the playoff game the Steelers were missing three of four starting defensive lineman. They were missing half their secondary. Paul,Ali played very injured after missing a couple of games. Rothlisberger played with a high ankle sprain. 

The the next game the Patriots used the defense they developed for Tebow and embarassed him 45-7. That 1-4 run was when Elway decided Tebiw could t cut it as an NFL QB.

He's far from the first college star who failed in the NFL. He's far from the first Heisman Trophy winner to fail in the NFL. I had nothing against against Tebow until all the born again Tebow followers refused to look at the truth and accept he wasn't a very good NFL QB. Even Belichick was criticized by the born agains for cutting Tebow. Was Tebow supposed to make the team over Brady or Garoppolo? 

Last edited by RJM