Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

MTH posted:
2forU posted:

I wonder what will happen at home plate after he hits his first home run.  I think it's funny that he pisses so many people off. I can understand the Steelers fans (go Steelers!!!).  I also think it's funny that so many still believe that the press and people on social media were not ripping him a new one due to his outward showing of his religious beliefs

A few years ago I had a 12 year old score the winning run in a game.  When got to the dugout, still grinning, he told me "I started to Tebow on home plate."  He wasn't interested in any sort of religious tribute.  He just wanted to show off.  My response, "be glad you didn't, cause you won't do it but once."  

Should Tebow do this he better be ready for one in the ear hole during his next AB.  The boy clearly ain't no rocket scientist.  But, I think he knows better than that.  He'll save it until after the high fives, when he's safely in the dugout.   

This is exactly my point....Tebow didn't kneel in the end zone after touchdowns.....he didn't kneel at midfield during pregame announcements....and he didn't kneel during the national anthem.  He was kneeling for his reason....BUT also kneeling on "his time".....not taking away from the game, his teammates or the national anthem.  Anti-religious guys didn't like it....which is the only reason it was even noticed.