Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

This Tebow experiment is interesting.  Everyone is talking about it being a farce, unfair, etc., and it does look like things won't work out.  Many will say it was a waste of money, a publicity stunt or whatever.

If I'm correct they have $100,000 invested in Tebow.  Got me to thinking, is it possible that Tebows biggest contribution might be something other than playing?  After all, he is ten years older than most young stars.  Tebow is a high character, hard worker, squeaky clean athlete, with leadership skills and he is generally considered a great role model.  Could he have a positive impact on a young  potential superstar.  Maybe help that young player become more successful?  If so, that $100k would be a bargain.

There is that old theory about surrounding yourself with good people. Of course, there is also the old saying in baseball... "Nice guys finish last"

BTW that old saying has proven to be untrue.  Our prison system is full of people that are not nice... Not baseball teams.  Last year's World Series Champions have many of the nicest people I've ever met.  The young superstars from Mike Trout on are mostly very nice guys.

I could see Tebow having an influence in that way,.