Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

He is a 29 year old who hasnt played ball in years. right. But dont say baseball players arent supposed to look like football player or that he is too big to turn on inside pitches. Not true. MLB ball players can be large men also. Not just pitchers who are routinely 6'4" 225 and larger.

Mike Trout and Bryce Harper have bodies that could be used to play football professionally.They dont have ANY problems turning on inside pitches.  If you think I am wrong , check out Youtube videos on workouts posted by your favorite big leaguer and see for yourself. These guys lift wieghts and they are bigger now than they were twenty years ago. Maybe not a lot of Offensive or Defensive Lineman playing in MLB but certainly plenty of QB sized guys, WR/DB sized guys, and RB/LB sized guys. Google the height and weight of most of these players....it can be surprising. Long list of NFL and College QBs who pitched in the minors and in high school at a high level or who were drafted but chose football.

If Tebow doesnt make it , it can be for any number of reasons, none of which are his size. Many of the best athletes were two-sport stars in high school.

Hard to hit 400+ foot bombs when you dont weigh 190lbs. Not impossible to think that Mike Trout at 6'2" 235lbs or Bryce Harper 6'4" 235 could play LB for an NFL team with their speed and athleticism.  Tim Tebow is about 6'3" 235lbs......

Last time I looked his average was rising...( not hard considering where it was ) . 

Jury is still out. He is selling tickets and tee shirts. Mets getting there moneys worth?? I cant say yet. What I will say is he sure is the number one most talked about and covered Minor Leaguer in a long time....If the casual fan is talking about baseball and isnt talking about suspensions or other negative garbage, it is a good thing. Maybe his presence will convince some of the high school super athletes to choose to play baseball as their number one sport