Skip to main content

Reply to "Tebow"

cabbagedad posted:

Sorry guys... gotta revive.  I saw a few in-game swings today and he looks remarkably improved with the bat.  Sounds like he has been working his tail off to refine it and it shows.  The only throw I saw during warm ups still looked a bit like he is throwing a football but if he can make half the gains defensively as he seems to have with his bat, this could get interesting.

He's 1-7 with a couple Ks, and a GIDP facing a mix of opponents who are primarily A/AA quality. He struck out vs Scherzer today (MLB), 1B off Fedde (MLB if a 9.39 ERA counts), ROE by Jose Marmolejos (AA) off Roman Mendez (JPN, but he was in MLB a couple years ago).  Neither of the balls he put in play were exactly crushed, they might have traveled 300 ft total. He's 26th (out of 28) among the Mets players with at least 5 ST ABs (small sample sizes notwithstanding).

I'm sure the Mets will play him in MLB at some point if he can manage to hit MLB pitching for a .600ish OPS, though I've got to think taking the under on that is a good bet.  He'd need to put up something more like an .800 to carry the glove and actually be productive, and the odds he can do that at even AA still seem awfully thin to me.