Skip to main content

Reply to "Tee heee giggle giggle...."

quote:
Some of us are not what you envision

TR ...

I don't know about all of the ladies on this site ... some are married a long long time and some are divorced/separated/chose never to marry ... but I can speak for myself when I say that my husband is my hero, and I tell him that at least once a day. He has been with me and seen me through some very rough times, most especially the recent health issues I have encountered over the past 2 years ... cleaning house, doing laundry, grocery shopping, cooking all the meals, schlepping me back and forth to doctors and tests and hospital stays, all the while he tends to his elderly parents who live 30 miles away in separate places (Dad has Alzheimers), helps out with my elderly mom, and still holds down a full time job. I love him to death, would die for him, and cannot imagine life without him. But that doesn't preclude the fact that there are moments that he is NOT necessarily acting like my hero.

This thread was started in slight jest with ssm comparing the different approaches taken in the men only and ladies only fora. I kicked in with a line that I have used for years to describe frustrating situations with my hubby, with my son, with my mother, etc. It is not intended to start a 'range war' ... which I find interesting since you have come into the 'ladies' lounge' and given your opinion and made inference to a range war. (Heaven forbid if any of us were to go into the 'men only' forum and do likewise.) It was intended to be a 'chat' among the ladies about the differences between men and women and their approach to things.