Skip to main content

Reply to "Thank You Perfect Game USA!!!!"

It is so fun getting those letters/emails, isn't it?  Congrats!  

Keewartson played in the 15u WWBA in East Cobb after his freshman year of HS. There may have been a few college coaches there (but nothing like the 17U week.)  He told me the 'Ole Miss coach watched him play when they were at the complex.  Huh?  "...and the coach nodded to me when he walked by".  He was so flattered, and I'm thinking "yeah, right."

Well, later in August he gets his first recruiting letter, from none other than 'Ole Miss.  He was now in the PG data base and they can get your address and contact info from that data base.  He was still flattered when he got recruiting letters from 'Ole Miss after he committed. 

Send in those questionnaires.  More will probably come.  Play your hs sophomore season to the best of your ability and be prepared for the coming summer. Be the best teammate you can be and keep reading this site.  keewartson was not a pitcher, but the recruiting process and unofficial visits started for him during his high school sophomore season. 

Keep your grades up.  

Start visiting colleges to get a feel if you want a large or small(er) school?  Rural or urban?  Does cost matter?  What about the distance from home?  When you play in tournaments, see what colleges are nearby and ride through. There are some funny posts on this site about touring colleges and seeing how cute the girls are down south (and up north they are covered up with coats!).  lol

Your journey has started!

Last edited by keewart