Skip to main content

Reply to "Thanksgiving Traditions"

I have been cooking for 29 years...since my Mom was obsessive/compulsive the only thing we were allowed to do was the dishes...her kitchen was her domain...so I married Chef Boy-ar-dee(thank god since this is the woman who put broccoli in tupperware in the oven to warm and it caught fire Eek) funny I could start an IV or insert a foley catheter but I just could not heat broccoli...well I figured I had better learn quick or else he was divorcing me for some greek cutie from a village who would slave over the stove...since we are from such vastly different cultures our meals have always been a blend of what each of us has been accustomed to...we have the traditional turkey and the rest but we have cheese pie, feta in our salad and a wondeful dessert called galatoborico...which is filo dough and a tapioca filling with a drizzled sugar sauce on top...absolutely marvelous but a killer on the hips...growing up we ate around my fathers schedule on the fire department...that meant w could be eating at noon or as late as 8 but we ALWAYS waited for my father...as 2 of us went into nursing my poor mother had to compromise herself and try to adjust to all the work schedules....somehow she always succeeded...I,too, have been presented with the same fate as my husband cooks for the elderly and will not be home till 3 so we are eating at 4....something I have always wanted to do was to eat at Plymouth Plantation as they serve meals there all day....maybe in my twighlite years this may happen...so for now I am simply happy that sonny will arrive via US Air at 7 tonight and we will all be together at 4 tomorrow afternoon...have a blessed and safe day all Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Last edited {1}