Skip to main content

Reply to "That Feeling When Your Kid Has A Game Today"

For high school I would say pretty anxious. There are some awful toxic parents there and overall just not fun. I couldn't wait for the season to end. My son had a good year, just a lot of background noise that we couldn't wait to get a break from.

For travel, I love it. The parents are usually pretty good, the team is usually pretty good, and he usually seems more relaxed in that environment. I'm especially looking forward to this summer. My son guest played for this team a bunch last summer and is playing for them full-time this summer.

Very similar here. Similar type of environment at the high school. There is a group of parents who we used to be close with and play with when my son was younger. When my son decided to go and move up to higher skilled teams, we became villains and still are to this day. It does make for uncomfortable situations at times at the games. So we mainly try to keep to ourselves.

Big playoff game today. Second game of a three game playoff series. We won the first game last night. The opposing team is a very solid team, but very mouthy. Their fans are very mouthy also. It was a very tense environment last night. Going to be the same tonight. Definitely an anxiety build up.