Skip to main content

Reply to "That's a Wrap"

cabbagedad posted:

Mid, congratulations to your son on many fronts - academic, athletic individually, athletic team success, building life-long friendships and showing the toughness and perseverance a college athlete must have to make it through the other side.  Sounds like it was the best possible all-around experience for him and will undoubtedly prove invaluable in future chapters!

Thanks for sharing and your continued positive influence here... always look forward to your posts as "the right stuff".  If you are anything like me, I have an idea of what a proud, maybe emotional , and significant landmark moment in time this is for you regarding your son! 

Thanks, Pete. Landmark is a good word. Four years ago, I underestimated his love for the game. He played other sports in high school and he was always ready to do something else when baseball season ended. There are no breaks in college. Baseball and workouts were literally year-round. No baseball scholarship, very little glory, so much hard work and such a huge time commitment... I'm a little surprised that he stuck with it. He can be a stubborn kid, and he's never been a quitter. I think the love of his teammates was also probably a factor in his perseverance.