Skip to main content

Reply to "The 2021 HS and College Baseball Season"

@Francis7 posted:

I'm not sure what's going to happen? The whole thing is a mess and it's been a mess since March. Not sure how and when this thing ends? But, I do pray, if it does somehow manage to wipe out the 2021 NCAA baseball season that the NCAA then doesn't go and give the '21 freshmen another year and/or give all the players from 2020 an additional 2nd free year. The logjam they created this year is bad enough. No need to compound it.

D3 has already said that the 2021 year will not count against eligibility...even if they end up playing!  So my son who is a Sophomore and played as a freshman still has 4 years of eligibility...even if he plays this season!!  Crazy.  

The CCAA (D2) has already cancelled the season out here in CA.  I suppose they could reverse that but I doubt it.  

My sons D3 league is trying to push the start date back to after Spring Break and play into Summer.  School wants to house all athletes in one Dorm.  I'm hopeful....but its doubtful they will play.  They're also trying to get NCAA to pay for the dorm costs in the summer.  Good luck with that.