Skip to main content

Reply to "The 4 School College Baseball Career"

There is a term call boiling ocean, there are 62k baseball players.  The specific percent is irrelervant.

It happens.

As for fall/spring transfers, it depends on how the new school documents the players movement.

Otherwise it is mostly, incoming HS players that drop down to a juco after the fall that may not get recorded by the juco as a drop down.

If the player has transfer to multiple schools, CBI can normally find all transfer history going back to his PG or PBR, five tools, fieldlevel, sportsrecruits, etc record.

I still think some will slip through. My kid will be a four school kid, assuming he stays in college? He's on #3 now (a Juco). First school was a 4-year and there's no evidence of him ever being on the roster sans some online news articles. He left the school after his fall freshman semester. He then went to Juco #1 for the Spring of Freshman year and the Fall of Sophomore year. But, due to injury, there's zero record of him being on the roster. When he plays at Juco #2 this Spring, that will be school #3 and there will be no record of him on the baseball pages for the other two schools.

I would also be wary of information on PG profiles. Kids update that when they verbally commit and some never even enroll at that school. I know of more than a handful of kids where this is true.

Anyway, never, ever, did I think my son would be someone switching schools so many times. Hopefully it works out for him the way he wants it. If anything, after this Spring, he will have the experience of how they do things at 3 different college programs. He would like to coach someday and hopefully these experiences will give him some good knowledge and insight.