Skip to main content

Reply to "The 411 on helping your son play College Baseball"

It may not have helped you, or you may not like recruiting services, but I found this particular one to be very helpful.  I spend very little of the article talking about the service and I say in the article that if you don't do the heavy lifting, the recruiting service will not get your son to play baseball, but it does have value.  I would have never found the schools I did with the service's suggestions of what schools my son was a good fit at.  It would have taken me forever to find out information about those schools.  Again can you find out school information  without it?  Yes.  Sites like niche.com give you great information about the schools.  Can you find coaches contact information without the site?  Yes, by going to the schools individual websites.  Can you write them an email?  Of course, but with the site you hit their name and an email to them pops up ready for you to put in the information you want to send them.  

The best feature I found is that it points your son in the right direction of what schools he should be looking at considering his talent level, his test scores, his grades, his proposed major, and some other things.  For us, it really helped.  I would not have found the school he signed with without the service.  I would have never looked at that school, nor would I have known what a great academic school it was.  

But again, if your son doesn't craft the emails correctly, if he doesn't follow up to responses in a timely manner, if he doesn't call the coaches, there is little any service can do for him.  

Why don't you share what you think was "wrong" in the article so we can discuss?