Skip to main content

Reply to "The 411 on helping your son play College Baseball"

Baseballmom: NCSA worked for us.  Worked for many others.  I don't make a dime from them and very little of my article speaks about NCSA. You are the one keying on it. It's just another resource.  One of many.  I have also been on this site plenty of times over the last couple of years.  Some real good information, some well intended, but wrong, and some just disturbingly wrong.

By the way, I simply posted an article of what worked for me.  Didn't find too much camaraderie, I'm sorry.  Just a lot of childish attacks.  I love the game as much as you do.  We used NCSA and WE were rewarded.  I don't care if people use it or not.  If you don't believe it's a good resource, then don't use it.  It worked for me.  Maybe it wont for others.  I have nothing bad to say about it.  It helped us get through the maize.  I wont be afraid to mention it here. Be glad it worked for me.  Show some camaraderie.  Show some support no?

By the way, most players dont play D1.  Many who do will end up transfering to a D2 or D3. Playing D2 or D3 is like a scarlet letter around these boards.  Understand, most of the players will never go pro.  The majority of those who do, will fizzle out in Rookie ball.  Just the facts.  What maters is not that you went to the SEC or ACC.  What matters is that the boys go to a quality school, get their degree, get to play competitively, make long lasting friends, and come out more well rounded than when they came in.  Not impressed by all the SEC, ACC, Big 10 players talk.  Many of the best coaches did not play D1.  The current Vandy pitching coach played D3.