Skip to main content

Reply to "The 60 time"

OK Limon NFHS allows for a DR for the catcher and pitcher regardless of outs. With two outs you still do not have to run for them if you do not want to. A pinch runner is a substitution but what is the difference as far as the reason you would run for them? Take a slower runner out and replace them with a faster runner right?Maybe in the pitchers case to save his legs and and or prevent injury etc. Now why would you consider it a (baby rule) to take out a catcher or a pitcher and replace them with a faster runner? By the way what is a (baby rule)? As a coach why would I not want to take advantage of the rules? Oh lets see catcher is on second after hitting a double. Im not going to use that baby rule I will just leave him in the game and hope that he scores on a base hit even though I have a faster runner in the dugout. You see I dont want to use that baby rule. Come on don't you see how ridiculous you sound. Roberts would not be in the Majors if he couldn't run. He is on the team to steal bases in key situations. Yes a PR. And guess what, we will have two guys on our team again this year to do just that. One to run for the catcher everytime he reaches because he will be fast and will work on baserunning almost exclusively. And another to pinch run in a (PINCH). Hello.