Skip to main content

Reply to "The average pitching speed at age X is this!"

Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl:
Originally Posted by MidAtlanticDad:
Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl:
Originally Posted by MidAtlanticDad:
Until you enter into the recruiting process, I don't see how it matters for the average kid. I do have a problem with his "Your goal should be" numbers. Generalizing a max velo based on age when younger than maybe 16 doesn't make sense to me... too many variables.

As for "until you enter into the recruiting process"...there is a bit of a debate on when that actually is!

What's the debate? You've entering into the recruiting process when someone starts recruiting you.  

LOL, that simple huh?  Sorry, sore spot.  I know of four 8th graders with offers, and I know of 2 talented 2016's with nothing on the table.  I think if you have a kid that gets an offer, in ANY grade, you should immediately head to Vegas because your family is obviously VERY lucky!

The recruiting timeline begins about the same for most, but there are a few that get early offers, and they are what they are, offers. Maybe its who they know, maybe their folks are alumni (very very common) but reality is that nothing means a darn thing until they get signed,  then set foot on that campus or drafted well.

JMO

Listen I live in Florida and when my son was younger he was getting calls about joining teams. Yes, he had special gifts when he was as young as 9-10, but its all in how hard you work as you grow and mature to make those special gifts turn into a valuable scholarship or a draft prospect later on.

Last edited by TPM