Skip to main content

Reply to "The average pitching speed at age X is this!"

Originally Posted by NYdad2017:
Originally Posted by 2020dad:
Time to throw the lifeline out to caco!  Don't worry about how you do it vs. How me.or anyone else does it.  The journey (or lack there of) is our own.  If I learn something good here I most certainly will share it with my son.  What we choose to share with our son is ip to each of us.  There is no right or wrong.  There are only opinions.  We may think back later and wish we would have done things a little differently but I would propose that no matter what decisions we make now we will regret some things later.  Maybe regret is too strong a word but it is the word that came to mind.  It is really incumbent on us as parents to try.our best to figure out what is right for OUR kids.  And in the end some of our calls will be right and some wrong.  We do the best we can.

Very good point.  I guess I should preface any advice with "just something for you to think about".  And I certainly don't proclaim to have all of the answers.  Far from it. I'm just trying to do as best of a job as I can to help my son mature into a man.

I'm open to all advice, I may disagree because of who I am or because of my general naivety, but the back and forth discussion is helpful in my understanding this foreign language that is baseball and baseball recruitment.

My son doesn't care what he "should" be throwing, "should" be running, or "should" be doing in general, he just wants to play.  He says he wants to play at the next level, however, being on here has shown me how kids act that WANT it.  As of this moment, he doesn't want it like that.  He thinks he does, but he doesn't.  I liken it to "being in love" in 10th grade is not like "being in love" when you are 30, at least, not for most people.

Only time will tell.