Skip to main content

Reply to "The Best Hitting Instruction?"

Gov posted:

I think that game was called .500; X points for fly balls and Y points for ground balls.  Bob's game of hitting rocks was painful sounding.

Lion,  just did the exact same drill with my son.  Solid 2018 hitter but we couldn't figure out the mechanical issue now creating a confidence issue.  Eliminated any instruction for 3 weeks to help correct; figured it was simple and he needed to plow through it.  So I took the "lets get athletic approach".  Had him toss the ball up on his own and focus on hitting it hard to the net 120 feet away.  I took video of him and showed him and compared to video of a few game swings from the past few games.  Big ah ha moment....  He said " my feet look square at impact and I look like I'm trying to hit it hard".   He made an adjustment to his feet and attitude.

He's gone from 0/13 to 8/12.  I say it that way, because the 0/13 part of the season is immaterial, and has nothing to do with what he's now doing.  Different kid displaying high level of confidence.  

The last at bat has nothing to do with the current at bat.  

And you instruction was free.  How many hitting "coaches" don't understand the basics and don't use video?