Skip to main content

Reply to ""The Best Story About Roy Williams Came From Former UNC Baseball Player Robert Woodard""

My son's story is but one of many instances of Coach Williams' selflessness and kindness that I had the opportunity to witness at the College World Series. Both years I attended, I had the pleasure and privilege of sitting either next to him or just in front of or behind him at a number of games.

Among his most memorable practices: At the conclusion of each half inning, a line of autograph-seekers and well-wishers would form. At each and every one, he would stand up, greet each person, agree to their request, and thank them genuinely for their interest and support. Every single person, without exception.

Speaking of pleasures and privileges, it was exactly that for me when given my first opportunity to meet TPM's son this past weekend when his team played ours! As TPM says, I've known that our sons have been friends ever since they played in the same conference; and, that my son has the highest regard for hers as both a coach and a person.

Next year, I'm hoping that all of us will be able to get together when we travel down to Florida for our series there.

Last edited by Prepster