Skip to main content

Reply to "The brush back pitch"

@HSDad22 posted:

I was never worried about a runner on base, one base at a time.  But they may be worried about taking one off the face to get there, if they could get up.  If they were dumb enough to continue that strategy, you can't intimidate an idiot, so I'd made my point and then just pitch.  But putting a guy on base never bothered me early in a game.

OK cool just because it didn't bother you makes it a sound strategy.  The MLB average for first batters reaching base and scoring is around 30% and I'm sure that percentage is similar as you move down levels of baseball.  That's still a fairly high percentage when you could have avoided it.

Why do you (or your son's team) get to be the arbiter of what's bush league.  Bush league events are things that happen you have very little control of other than just being better than them.  You don't like teams doing perceived bush league antics then be better than them and stop them.

Putting guys on because you don't like what they do is not a smart strategy.  Tell the umpire you're going to hit them is an even worse strategy.  Without looking it up I'm fairly confident all levels of baseball you WILL be ejected if the umpire determines you hit a batter on purpose.  So why would you tell them that?

This whole thread is fairly ridiculous