Skip to main content

Reply to ""THE BULLDOG""

A&M? Really @adbono, just when I was thinking I liked you…

I did put one through UT, but that was a computer science major, and I don’t believe he attended a sporting event of any kind while he he was there…

However, in 2017 when Arkansas traveled to College Station is where I decided no more rooting for A&M… Firstly, they put the parents (at least the visiting parents) in the upper deck first base side as far as way as possible. To add insult to injury, it’s intermixed with the adjacent student’s section… My kid started the game and got the W, so there’s that – but wow, there’s nothing like listening to 6 innings of kids lobbing insults at your son, and his girlfriend. I will say they do their homework – lol! My wife got lightly kicked the back after cheering a K, and that got my attention! I will say, if you find yourself as a visitor at Blue Bell Park, pay for better seats…

All give Arkansas some kudos, they seat the parents (both sides) on their dugouts and directly behind, first come first serve. If your kid is starting, get there early and you’re on the dugout. Only team in the SEC I visited that gave parents premium seats.