Skip to main content

Reply to "The Cape 2020"

I hate arguing about coronavirus on this forum.  Can people please stop posting this sort of thing, unless they are directly relevant to sports?  I started to write a long response to this, which I'm not going to put here, because this thread is about summer collegiate baseball.

Son's summer league is one that thinks they are going to happen (no host families).  I guess we'll see.  At this point I'd be up for lots of local collegiate games instead.

You don't have to reply or refute everything Covid related but I get your point about posting in this thread.  Green shoots are good and I thought posters would like to hear positive perspectives from healthcare workers in the hottest of zones (very near me).   The sooner we open the sooner baseball starts and that is the relevance.  Not sure why someone would want to argue about or write a long response to Op Ed from the Chairman in charge of Emergency Medicine.  Its an informed opinion - an OpEd.

My son's summer team just called and is getting prepared to ramp up once CT is open.  It's not a big league that requires host families so there is not that issue that many of you face.  Good luck to all.  Before I get jumped on like the last time I posted about summer baseball, there will be no public gatherings of teammates until the state opens.