Skip to main content

Reply to "The Cape 2020"

@RoadRunner posted:

AP it was an opinion piece that lacked data. Instead the doc shared observations. All good. 
Right now I am really scared. I am less scared of the virus than I am of the side effects of the virus. Mostly about our economy and liberties. I am seeing the effects and I am scared to death. Right now I have concerns about more people being negatively effected by economic issues than the virus itself. I don’t have any numbers. And I’m not worried so much about 401ks, savings etc. I’m more concerned people having food and a place to live. I don’t know anyone that has died from the virus, but I do know people that have lost their jobs and are suffering other ways as a result of the virus. So that is my perspective and observations. I do not live in NY, or NJ, etc. I’m sure they are suffering in a different way right now. 

One thing Dr Erickson said that is indisputable is sheltering from every day life for a long period of time breaks down your immune system. It makes people more vulnerable to every sickness and disease when they get back to the exposure if real life. 

27 million people are out of work. Some are out of money and out of food. Out of their home could be next. A few million of them invested everything they have in their own businesses and are watching them die. 

A friend of mine collects about 10k per month in rent from rental properties. She can’t collect right now. She said given the nature of her renters half will never be able to catch up or even pay when there are less jobs. Many are  hospitality people in a hospitality oriented tourist city. She said they will stay in their homes until they are legally evicted. She expects to lose six or more months rent on each one of these properties while she has to pay to maintain them and pay taxes.

Last edited by RJM