Skip to main content

Reply to "The challenges of college"

Freshmen?...Have had two years of freshman...one last year, one this year...

Freshmen Parental Highlights between the two:

- "No really Dad, I'm telling you turn off the X Box Live subscription, NOW!! I can't stand having all these people over all hours of the day" This coming from a kid who has ALWAYS been the life of the party.

- "Dad I have a flat tire" Sorry kid I'm three hours away you'll have to figure this one out on your own.

- A month later, "I tell you my roomates have NO lifeskills" This coming from a kid I was convinced had none. He now washes, cleans, shops...for everyone.

- "No, Dad, I'm telling you seriously you have NO idea how hard they work us" This coming from a kid who did two a days at home...for fun.

- "This is really hard but I'm seriously thinking about giving up baseball..." This in a week when he went 0-fer, and struggled to balance tests, papers and baseball. The next week he hits a couple dingers in a game, gets an A on his tests and life is good again.

- "These guys are really, really good..." refering in awe to the players on his team. A year later "He's not really that good..."

- Typical...missed monday required running due to lab, so the running was rescheduled to 5:30 am BEFORE a 8am test...and he actually liked the idea becasue it "go the blood going to his brain for his test"

- In the weight room early one morning and Kobe Bryant shows up and wants to work in...I'm pretty sure this never happened at home.

Cool 44
Last edited by observer44