Skip to main content

Reply to "The Clock and 2021s"

@baseballhs posted:

It's going to be very cut throat the next few years.  JUCO is also going to be flooded next year.  I don't think most D1s will have cuts this year, as they don't have roster limits.  Next year, it goes back to normal and they have the added 2021s.  Cuts will be huge in December or maybe even at the end of this year.  A ton of those guys then head to JUCO, mixed in with all the 2021s who choose that for the fall.  Competition is going to be insane.  It was mentioned that a poster's son's juice had 7 kids throwing 90.  After the first scrimmage 2 weeks ago, every freshman (lefties and righties) all threw at least 94 at my son's school.  There are currently 47 guys on the roster and they aren't cutting anyone.  Next year, they add 16 more (based on current 2021 commits) and they only "have" to lose 8.  That's a lot of kids heading somewhere, and that is just one school.

Agree, son said his JUCO coach said there will be atleast 10 kids go D1 after this year from his school. They currently have 47 kids as well. I'm sure they'll cut some as his JUCO don't like carrying a high number of kids. I would guess down to 30. That's 17 kids looking for a place to play after this Fall. JUCO in the South ain't no joke, especially right now.