Skip to main content

Reply to "The D3 Decision Today"

Your statement included stats if the virus is unchecked, which it is currently being checked in some form or another. Do you think people will just stop these safety measures if Trump wins?

We are currently averaging 5,000-7,000 deaths per week right now.  At least 40% of the population are not taking safety measures at all.  And the NCAA is making decisions based on the reality of our current situation.

The numbers I posted are probably an extremely low estimate.

What I don’t understand is why anyone would think things will change if the President remains the same?   There is zero evidence that the NCAA will allow things “back to normal” without significant changes in how we deal with the virus.

The President’s administration has been talking about allowing “herd immunity” to battle the virus.  That means millions of people dead.  And, again, no Baseball until 2023 or 2024.

Regardless of where you fall politically (I’m an Independent that leans conservative, for what it is worth) if you care about Baseball and our kids getting a chance to play, it is clear that things won’t change until leadership in our nation changes.