Skip to main content

Reply to "The D3 Decision Today"

@Francis7 posted:

The problem is that colleges have to basically decide now on what they will do for the spring. And, they don't want to say "100% on campus in the spring" now and then deal with the backlash 3 months down the road or so when they may have to pivot to virtual and remote learning. Doing that on a dime is loaded with problems. So, you're going to see schools now say "we're remote in the spring and no spring sports." It seems inevitable, unfortunately. And, the baseball players are going to get hosed two years in a row in some states. That all said, I sincerely pray that I am wrong on this and there is college baseball in 2021.

I don't know about D3, but D1 schools and many D2  as well as Juco, give students options, remote or in class instruction.  Because of this though, testing is essential, and some programs just cannot afford the expense.

As far as athletics, many teams are practicing, and playing (football).

Coaches and admins have fought so hard to keep players safe, but this current wave is now out of control.  Football teams missing players they have depended upon. So with that in mind, it's really hard to tell what will be come January.

Last edited by TPM