Skip to main content

Reply to "The D3 Decision Today"

It is going to be very interesting to see how sports are navigated this year. NCAA cannot afford to miss another March Madness but a majority of both the men's and women's basketball teams are currently under quarantine at my daughters' ACC and Big Ten schools. Tip-off is 18 days away and the kids can't practice again until 4 days before the game. My daughters are cautious and did not have to go to the quarantine dorm because they stayed away from the gatherings--but the one who plays is left figuring out her own solo work outs and she's more than frustrated that other people's behavior has landed them all in this situation. SEC postponed Saturday's Alabama-LSU, Auburn-Mississippi State, Texas A&M-Tennessee and Georgia-Missouri games after COVID-19 testing left rosters depleted of available player. MD vs. OH State cancelled as well. In my area, three local high school also had an outbreak (because of Halloween parties) resulting in a return to remote learning and landing one football coach and one player in the hospital and two parents we are friends with extremely sick but treating themselves at home. Those are just the people we know. I don't have all he answers. I just pray we can slow the increase in cases because this is not a fun virus to contract. Of course I want the kids to be able to play and I don't want businesses to have to shut down but I'm devastated by losing friends to COVID (an otherwise healthy member of our extended family contracted COVID delivering meals for her church and died after being in the hospital for 17 days). Seeing how quickly it can spread for one party to parents, coaches and administrators means that we all have to be vigilant. Especially if we want to see baseball (or basketball or any other sport).

Last edited by PTWood