Skip to main content

Reply to "The DH"

Im not a fan of the DH rule in pro ball for the same reasons Will is against it period. I do like it in HS and Showcase ball because of the following reasons. It allows me to play and extra kid. It allows me to ph for a starter and then re enter the starter. I would not give as many kids chances to hit if I could not re enter my starter in alot of situations. In showcase we never dh for a posistion player only pitchers. We do use and extra hitter. This allows an extra kid to swing the bat every game. High school baseball is not pro ball. I like having the courtesy runners for the pitchers and catchers. Again thats two more kids that get a chance to contribute and get in the game. With the dh and the courtesy runners I actually have 12 kids in the line up. Now some of you might not like it thats ok I understand your points of view and respect them. But it does allow for more kids to be in the game. And by the rules allowing for starters to be allowed to re enter the game one time it gives you an opportunity to let some other guys play. JMO