Skip to main content

Reply to "The draft for dummies?"

Iowamom23 posted:

I appreciate the help on the whether to sign or not to sign. Honestly, he's a pretty mature kid and works for a guy who was drafted out of high school, got hurt, and, as he frequently tells my son, is here teaching him to play baseball rather than playing in the pros because of bad choices he made along the way. If you can't have a good example in your life, a reformed bad example is a powerful teacher.

I guess the whole process sort of confused me, but it sounds like making connections now, even if you plan to really shoot for a draft after your junior year in college, is worthwhile?

It certainly can't hurt. One piece of advice we got was to make sure you provide consistent answers to any medical questions for each team. And you may get a smile from the personality assessment questions. Some of them are actually pretty funny. "Do you peek at Christmas presents before you open them?"  "Would you rather be a cat or a dog?"  "Do you love to win or hate to lose?"  To which my son, God love him, simply wrote "Yes."

Last edited by Enjoying the Ride