Skip to main content

Reply to "The elephant in the room returns"

Coach_May posted:

I didn't realize that this was a life sentence? So no one can ever hire him? He can't ever hold a job? Anyone who ever employs him will have to face the scrutiny of hiring a sex offender? Anyone who ever dates him? Marry's him? Anyone who ever associates with him? So this is a life sentence? When does he get shipped off to a deserted island where he can have no contact with anyone the rest of his life? Wouldn't it have been better if he was just put to death? Would everyone still hold these same opinions if this young man was their child? Does he ever get the opportunity to prove he is not that person any longer? I just don't get it. 

If a person serves their time. If a person goes through the system and then is released back into society what now? They carry this the rest of their life with no hope of ever getting the opportunity to start over? If not why put them back out there? What should he do? What do you people want from him? NO MLB!!! Ok. NO he can never have his own children! Ok. NO one can employ him because if they do they are sanctioning his past behavior! Ok. No he can't live in my neighborhood! Ok. 

What do we do with all these people in our society? Of course we don't need to worry about all the perfect people that don't have a record. We don't need to worry about the one's that never got caught. We don't need to worry about the ones that on the outside look like model citizens. All we need to do is worry about the one's that have a dark past. They can't change. They can't be rehabilitated. 

We have a former President who took an intern into the Oval Office, using his position of Power and Authority to take advantage of basically a child and he travels around making Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars giving speeches while his wife champions the cause of Woman's rights. That's just one example of many. We have a young man who will be doomed the rest of his life because of something that happened when he was 15 and everyone wants him to be punished the rest of his life. 

I don't know all the facts of this case. I wasn't there. I just believe once an individual pays his dues he should have the CHANCE to live a productive life and make amends and prove he can. Otherwise there is no real justice. Leave them in jail. Lock them up for life. Put them to death. Or allow them to have an opportunity to make amends and live a productive life. I think this whole PC BS is pathetic. Half the guys in the NFL have beat their girl friends and or wives but people wear their jersey's every Sunday and cheer them on. I'm going to stop now rant over. 

I just saw this, nice rant.