Skip to main content

Reply to "The elephant in the room returns"

infielddad posted:

For all of the maybe's, don't you think they fall very short when you know that he plead guilty, in his own handwriting, to a felony count of molestation?  He would have been asked questions by the Judge to make sure he acted voluntarily and confirmed he committed the act:

There are no "maybe's" to these facts:

"Heimlich ultimately pleaded guilty to one count of molestation between February 2011 and December 2011, a period in which he was 15. Prosecutors dismissed the other charge as part of a plea bargain.

Heimlich acknowledged guilt in his own handwriting.

"I admit that I had sexual contact" with the girl, Heimlich wrote."

This right here is exactly why the kid doesn't have a chance. He plead guilty so he's guilty. Yet in the SI article Carolyn Frazier, a juvenile defense lawyer and assistant professor at Northwestern's School of Law says innocent people plead guilty all the time. But this poster wouldn't believe that if you wrote her quote on paper and nailed it to his forehead. Like I said in the other post  if the girl came forward and admitted lying no small amount of people would just refuse to accept it. 

At this point I actually hope the kid is guilty because he's never going to get past this. Hate to think of this happening to an innocent man  

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad