Reply to "The elephant in the room returns"

adbono posted:
RJM posted:
adbono posted:
RJM posted:
adbono posted:
old_school posted:
Dominik85 posted:

I wonder why Oregon sticked with him. Simply greed by the AD putting winning over anything else? I could see Oregon state getting a lot of flak for this decision and losing some of the reputation.

of all the odd things that happen on our left coast this one isn't even on the radar screen for being important.

Isn’t that the truth ?!

I haven’t spoken with a college baseball fan on the east coast who knows of Luke Heimlich. The only person who knew is a college baseball coach. I don’t believe I ever heard the story away from this site. 

That is an incredibly naive point of view. This story is well known by everyone in the baseball circles and by many outside of it - from coast to coast. 

I’ve noticed in this thread you’re quick on the draw with the direct insult of posters. In a previous post I stated the story is known in baseball circles. The average baseball fan doesn’t follow college baseball. It’s not like Luke Heimlich is coast to coast front page news. I follow college baseball (mostly Big Ten, ACC, SEC and a local ranked D3). I didn’t see Heimlich’s name anywhere from last year’s draft through this year’s draft (I don’t read everything) until an article just before the draft.

Stating that your point of view was naïve was not an insult.  It was an observation.  The casual baseball fans that I know are aware of the story AND they also follow college baseball. The story has been well covered - as other posters have pointed out.  I have noticed that you are quick to cry foul anytime one of your posts is not accepted as gospel. 

I disagree and stating your experience is an observation. Calling someone naive is an insult. One other person (even a handful) stating  they've seen the article isn't evidence. I would expect everyone posting in this thread has seen the article. 

But since I’m not the first person you've insulted in this thread and you took a second shot at me I’ll just consider the source. I stated my experience and observatins. You can’t invalidate them no matter how much you want. 

Add: I’m sitting in DD. There are eight people sitting in here I know. They are all MLB baseball fans. They watch regularly. They attend games once or twice per month. None of them have heard of Luke Heimich. They also asked me what baseball game (have UT-TTU on iPad) is on in the afternoon. Then one asked why I would be watching it. There are a lot of baseball fans who are clueless about college baseball.

Last edited by RJM