Skip to main content

Reply to ""The Farm" Baseball/Softball Complex"

quote:
Originally posted by Sti6Ball:
sportsfan5 Thank you for the insight. I only pose those questions because we, too, get excited about the opportunity to see quality complexes built in and around the Indiana region. Teams from the state will have better opportunities with this kind of complex in the region so don't take the comments the wrong way. Who is running the tournaments that will undoubtedly lead to success or failure at the complex? Are you guys running them yourselves or bringing in a 3rd party to get the ball rolling at the complex?

I don't mind the questions or comments at all. Actually, we welcome them. Trying to figure out what is important to people and what they all care about is 1/2 the battle.

As for who will be running the tournaments? I think we are open to all possibilities at this time. But if it's a 3rd party, we want to make sure they are in it for the right reasons. I've been to too many tournaments that were simply being ran to make money for some person or group. Although I realize the tournament has to make money, it doesn't have to be the sole purpose and all that is cared about. There won't be a kid taking gate fees that's more interested in posting on FB than he/she is about making sure the person paying to come through the gate knows where their team is playing at and is genuinely interested in making that person's experience as enjoyable as possible. Fields will be prepared between games, trash will be picked up, rest rooms will be clean, etc, etc, etc.

Our group as a whole has a lot of experience both participating in, and running tournaments. Its no secrete who I am or who my son is. Needless to say, throughout his and his brother's youth playing days, we spent more than our fair share of time at tournaments around the country. I've seen the tournaments that were well ran and that we wanted to go back to year after year. And I’ve seen the tournaments that we didn’t enjoy and would never take a team back to. The enjoyable tournaments are what we want to run or have run for us here. Quality tournaments that organizations want to come back to year, after year, after year.

Feel free to ask questions or post comments any time. I'll do my best to answer them as honestly as I can. I may not agree with everything someone has to say, but you will get an honest answer from me.