Skip to main content

Reply to "The Hay is in the Barn!"

nice post.

Sometimes it is very difficult in any sport to remember that it is just a game after all. Especially when it seems to take so much "work" to get there.

My sons push themselves so hard. Aside from a very minimal amount of advice (back in the day, mom was a catcher too), I have always just been the cheerleader. That is what I do best. I hate to watch the overzealous parents yelling at their kids during games. I have faith that the actual coaches are doing their job and I am a supportive fan of the team. I'm sure it is difficult, but I applaud your ability to keep the parent separate from the coach, I think it is especially difficult for the parents who as a profession are coaches.

I have also been on those terrible car rides when their frustration level at either their own performance, the team's, the umps, or whatever has been nearly more than they can stand. I usually just listen during those times.

Coach, I think that you are absolutely correct when you remind her that when it stops being fun and starts being work, then it is time to hang up the glove. Good luck to you and your daughter.

The hay is in the barn, it is time to enjoy the harvest!! I am going to use that on my boys...