Skip to main content

Reply to "The head of the nail has been hit"

PitchingFan posted:

I think it is symbolic to going to TopGolf.  MLB has become TopGolf of major sports.  You go and it really has very little to do with golf or golfers.  The last several times I have gone I was surrounded by families that didn't know how to hold, much less swing, a golf club.  They were there for a good time and to have a few laughs and drinks.  The worst one was when we had a bridal party beside us.  These girls were in high heels and had no clue but TopGolf was happy because they had to spend $1,000 on cute little drinks.  I bet they did not hit 100 golf balls in the four hours they were there but they spent a lot of money and seemed to have a great time.  MLB as a whole has become about atmosphere and not baseball at the games.  The owners really don't care what the fans do at a game as long as they are coming and spending money.  My son went to a Braves game a few weeks ago on a Friday night.  He bought nose bleed seats and slowly moved down.  By the end he was sitting right behind dugout.  He said it was packed at the first pitch then slowly the crowd left the seats.  They didn't leave the stadium just the seats.  They were still spending money so MLB loved it.  He got a great seat so he loved it. 

This looks to be by design but only time will tell how it works out.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...s-future/1941614001/

"The A’s are aiming for distinct in their desired home, hiring a Danish firm to design a stadium that would include a rooftop park that encircles the stadium. A panoramic view of the bay – not visible from stadium seats for myriad reasons – would be the catnip to encourage fans to circulate throughout the game.

For now, they’re using antiquated Oakland Coliseum as a petri dish for that concept, selling monthly passes to “The Treehouse,” an area above left field with 1,500 seats and nearly as many libation options. The idea is to roam during the ballpark and enjoy “multiple experiences,” Kaval says, during each game."