Skip to main content

Reply to "The head of the nail has been hit"

RJM posted:

I agree with Pitchingfan. The last few times I’ve gone to a game I asked my friend how many people attending he thought we legit fans. How many could name the starting lineup and pitching rotation. We figured easily less than half. The number of  ignorant, uninformed comments and questions is mind boggling. The more expensive the seat typically the less informed the fan.

I don't see your problem with this.  I knew nothing about baseball when my sons were young.  We went to MLB games as a family, because we had a son who really wanted to go, and it was a pleasant family experience for everyone.  The boys didn't all love it in the same way at every age, the sno-cones and cotton candy, and the game area, were a big part of it at various ages.  Now I have three almost-adults, we still go to games as a family outing; I know more about baseball now, the beer is noticeably better now, too.  Are you saying I should not have gone when I wasn't a "legit fan"?  How would I have raised 3 fans, then?