Skip to main content

Reply to "The Importance of Attending College Games"

Not collage!

Its sad! The high school our son will attend (he’s 11) had a youth day! They invited all the kids from all the league, select, middle school, elementary school in the town! Local Businesses donated gift cards, food, etc! It was heavy advertisement to promote the varsity game! $1.00 hot dog, $3.00 for a hot dog, bottle soda and chips! Entry fee $2.00 adult kids under 16  free! Huge high school 6A! 2 varsity games back to back! Kids can win sitting in the dugout etc! Email send out, reminder emails! 

So the weather was chances of drizzle! Light rain! 

Game day rolls around and 7 kids showed up! A family with 4 small kids, my son, 1 kids who brother is on the varsity team and 1 kid on my son team! 

My son won mostly everything only 3 kids place the names in the hat! 

We ended up giving back all the gift cards! So they can hand it out to players! Son sat in the dugout most of the game! He kept a t-shirt and gave the other kids the extra merchandise! 

The game was so much fun for my son! He loved it and made me take him out of school the next week just so he can watch the game and maybe throw a few balls with the coach! (Since the coach told him to come back anytime and he will let him warm up with the team) ♥️

Broke my soul!

Our travel team organization has around 25 teams with 10 kids averaging per team!

Sad they all have “dreams to play higher” but didn’t have the drive to come out to watch a game! 

Heartbreaking to see! 

Last edited by NY