Skip to main content

Reply to "The importance of grades in high school."

quote:
DaddyBo quote:
the vast majority usually don't realize it at 15-16, it's at 19-20 when they've been overlooked, or they are tired of the jc route and decide pizza delivery will get 'em by until the "right thing comes along".

Good point D-Bo

While I understand some kids don't have the "tools" to succeed at a high level in regard to HS acadeemics, some parents should pull out the full size mirror when HS grades become an issue. Parents with athletes will go out of their way to fork out money for camps, clinics, and private lessons, and also make sure Jr gets to practice, games, and workouts. In the end they look back and see that those efforts paid off as the kid is now a sought after player.

But....

Did they put the same effort maximizing, investing, and following up on the academic side of the HS career?

I plead guilty, as I probably put more effort into HS athletics than academics. I think I really lucked out as my kid's teammates and coaches set a high academic bar. In the end was it their resonsibility that he exceed the avarage student? NO, it's the parents responsibility to bring out the most in their kids athletically and academically.
Last edited by rz1