Skip to main content

Reply to "The importance of grades in high school."

BHD,
Haven't you stated once that your son took an extra year after HS for college entry? Not sure why he did this, but would he have been able to do as well as he did in college if not for that extra year?

That makes a big difference, there is another topic being discussed about that.

We know all kids are different, I have two and they are like black and white, though they both came from the same parents, raised basically the same, each developed differently. My daughter did not attend 4 year college, she barely could make it through JUCO so why put her in a siuation she couldn't handle.

My son got better grades, had more success in HS, yet my daughter is 10 times smarter than he will ever be, and works in an industry where most are graduate students and she doesn't even have a 4 year degree and can do any task put in front of her in 5 minutes while it would take others 2 weeks.

Kids are wired differently, a parent has to be able to recognize this through their unique personalities, but I don't beleive in placing young adults in situations they never will be able to handle. When playing a sport and attending college both at the same time, you don't have years to turn things around.

Although you allude to the fact that college academics came easy for your son, most will tell you it ain't that easy.
Last edited by TPM