Skip to main content

Reply to "The Insanity Continues"

Go44dad posted:

CaCo wrote.....I have always been of the opinion that spending money on private lessons below 14u (unless the kid is hurting himself) is more ludicrous than 6u Travel Ball, so I would never recommend that route.

Edited to be nicer just in case we meet at LakePoint at the WWBA in June and just because people should be nice....I know it is your opinion on the lessons, but I believe the opposite.  Private lessons to teach the fundamentals of hitting, throwing etc are a very good thing.  Obviously with the caveat that the lesson payments are not in place of rent/food etc.  The game is much more enjoyable for a kid when he can hit, throw properly etc. 

I agree 100%.  I would add though that as long as the lessons aren't too much for the kid.  My son LOVED lessons, and he started going around 10.  It definitely helped him to excel, because I couldn't teach him.  Using the type of thinking that lessons are bad: Does it mean that if the father could teach him, he shouldn't?  Most dads who know how to play, or did play, spend plenty of extra time teaching their sons how to hit, throw, etc.  Why should my son fall behind because I can't teach him at the level those dads can?