Skip to main content

Reply to "The intersection of low pay, naivete and gambling ... minor league baseball"

I bought a second home in Revere Beach. I eventually moved there when I sold my company and my son headed for college. Revere is very Italian. It’s also very connected. One night I met a woman I was interested in. She was bragging her grandfather owned a certain business. A friend intercepted me. He informed me if she ever got upset with me her father would burn down my house. I managed to fill in the blanks from there.

When Jerry Angiuli, mob underboss of Boston under the Patriarcia family in RI died the most frequent question was , “Are you going to Jerry’s funeral?” I had no interest in going. But I was out on 1A when the multiple mile funeral procession went by. 

I bought my house from a mobster who was unsuccessful at burning it down. I remodeled it. Neighbors were wondering if I was connected. I explained I’m the WASPiest looking Jew on record. It kind of ruled me out. I came to find out a couple of guys my age I chatted with in the street had done time.