Skip to main content

Reply to "The Last Time"

CD I dont think there is anything else I would rather have said about my son that what I have I read here about yours. I know you are very proud of him and you should be. What an outstanding college career!

I have always stressed to my players
"You will leave a legacy behind when you step off that field here for the last time. Regardless of wether you want to or not you will. Scattered all across this field are the baseball tombstones of every player that has ever playerd here. Writtin on those tombstones are those players legacies. Writtin on some are "Great team player who dedicated himself to being the best player he could be. He made those around him better while always striving to be a better player and person. He was a credit to the game and this program." Others have not so complimentary legacies but they are still writtin on their tombstone for all to see and remember. You can not go back and change the writing on your baseball tombstone. It is indeed writtin in stone for all to see and for all to remember. So remember this everyday you step on this field. What will your legacy be? Its up to you to write it!

Your son now has one of those somewhere on that field in Conway , SC. It will always be there for all to see and remember. It is one that he will always be proud of. He can come back in the future and hold his head up high knowing he left a legacy to be proud of. Money can not buy this. Regional Championships or even National Championships can not buy this. It has to be earned. And your son earned the most important thing a player can earn. A legacy he can be proud of for the rest of this life. Congrats! Well done.